Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Whazzup Wid Da Guys

Even with my increased computer speed, pictures of the grandkids have been piling up on me. The pictures, not the kids-- well, sometimes the kids, too.
So this blog features Da Guys, Hunter and Evan.  The next post will feature Da Gals, Brianna and Claire.  Let's get going.

Hunter: "This thing may be high tech, but it has zero flavor."

Hunter: "Okay Grandpa, let's see how you like chewing on car keys."


Hunter:  "Well Grandma, they say I have to learn how to tie my shoes in time for kindergarten.  I've already got the "un" part, so I should get the "tie" part in another four years." 

Evan:  "I have the target in my sights and am closing in."

Evan: "1,2,3, open and lunge!"

Evan: "I've heard of food that expands in your stomach, but this is ridiculous."

Evan: "I can't believe I ate the whole thing."
(Appropriately, the Ev-man is wearing his Varsity shirt.)

Evan: "No more interviews.  THIS is how much I care about publicity."

"And no more pictures, either.  At least not today."

Hunter: "You can take my picture. Am I holding my foot right?"

Hunter: (music, maestro) "Climb ev'ry mountainnn. . . ."
(Yes, Hunter is transitioning from a scooter to a climber.)

Hunter: "Well, if I can stand up, I should certainly be able to play the piano."

I babysat Hunter on a rainy evening while Judy, Amanda, and Brianna went to a Mother/Daughter Banquet.  When the rains come, we get creative on indoor entertainment (soon I'll post a video of his indoor stroller ride).

Hunter: "Grandpa, why do they call it middle C if it's not in the middle?"

And finally, a public service/consumer safety announcement:
These plastic balls are well-nigh impossible for a baby to swallow.  No matter how hard we try.

And these cubes are even harder.
Stay tuned for Da Gals.

No comments: