Friday, April 3, 2015

P.S. : I'm Done With That!

Yeah, it will take a little getting used to.
Haven't had it off in probably 25 years,
but P.S., I'm done with that.
That scar won't go away, but I can handle it.

That's not all I'm done with.
I've done "household chores" for the last time.
I'm not cranking that chain saw or lawn mower
again. Splitting wood?  Uh-uh.

I'm done with working on the nature trail
and nursing home singalongs. And after I
play the piano on Easter Sunday, I'm done with
that.  Delores understands and forgives me.
Judy understands, too, and so do some others.

I've washed the car for the last time,
I won't be setting foot in the garden.
And this might just be my last blog post.
We'll see.

By the way, P.S. is my abbreviation for 
Pre-Surgery.  I'm getting my left knee replaced
next Wednesday, and then I'll be done with 
that, too!

And hopefully, soon I'll be able to get back
to all those things that I love so much.
Cutting wood, cutting grass, gardening.
Washing the car-- not so much. Once a year.

I'll be hoppin' down the nature trail like
Peter Cottontail before you know it.
And back at the nursing homes and other
venues to share music with one and all.

And I'll be especially glad to get that
wedding band back.  You know, you can't
wear any jewelry into surgery. But I couldn't
get it off.  I honestly have no recollection of
the last time I ever took it off.

So today, I took it to Honeycutt Jewelers in
Southern Pines, where Judy purchased my ring
(and I, hers). I was there when they opened at
10 and by 10:08 they had cut it off with their
handy tools and measured me for a size larger.
Most likely, Judy will need to pick it up when
it's ready, because driving? I'll be done with that,
too, as of next Wednesday.
And once I put it back on, I'll introduce it to my 
new knee.  The knee is supposed to be good for
25 years.  I guarantee you the ring is good for
longer than that!

No comments: