Saturday, June 18, 2016

Judy and Ken Discover "Soup and More"



Our friends all know that when we travel we like to sniff out those special local places that have delicious food, welcoming atmosphere, and nothing remotely akin to the big chain fast food places.
Today we weren't traveling.  In fact, we were less than 4 miles from home, right on West Pennsylvania Avenue in Southern Pines, NC. WHAT A WONDERFUL MEAL!

The place is called Soup and More, but as we found it's MUCH more. 
 Their website on YELP will fill you in a little.


It's cozy but not crowded, clean, well-lit, and comfortable.
Some diners ate on the porch.  The wait staff is attentive
and superb, making a point to know each guest's name.
Special kudos to J.P. (as in J.P. Morgan)!

Yep, this sign is 100% accurate.  You'll see the menu
a little further along.

The restaurant is owned by two couples. One of the
owners is Sheldon Mooney (check out the Mooney
Burger on the menu).  I think I'm accurate in saying
that Sheldon returned to this area to head up the
cuisine at Little River Country Club in 2009.
Now, he and his partners are living the dream 
of having their own restaurant.


Judy had the toughest time selecting her favorite,
but settled on the three-salad plate.  It was no big
deal to sub a double portion of the chicken salad
and omit the egg salad. (This plate is huge!)

A saw a bunch of menu items that tempted me,
but the club sandwich won me over. It was as good as
it looks.  Some of my Atlanta readers will understand
when I say it's every bit as good as the famed
Stone Mountain Club at the Blue Ribbon Grill.
That's a high compliment.

This is not the full menu, but some of the most
poplular items.  I could eat here many times without
repeating.

Here is the full menu.



Judy and I had strolled to our stream this morning
so I had my camera with me.  When I heard J.P. refer
to our "eclectic crowd" today, my light bulb lit up.
Where better to share this find than on my Eclectic Blog.
We give "Soup and More" Five Stars.

 Drop in soon and get acquainted.
Believe me, you'll find something you love.

No comments: