Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wrapping Up July: Grandkid Pics

Here are my favorite grandkid pictures from
the latter part of July.  Something for everyone.

Hunter helps Grandma harvest green beans.

And that means Bri is on the lookout for beans, too.

The kids help Grandma get them ready to cook.

Here's Disappearing Claire!

How's this for random.  We needed stamps, so I
bought these muscle car commemoratives.  I scanned the
 sheet so I can show the kids, but we're using those things!

Speaking of muscles . . . .

Skeptical Bri allows Grandpa one picture.

Claire poses on one foot.  Because she can.

Not sure who this celebrity is, but I couldn't
pass up the photo op.  No autograph, though.

Claire's playing hard-to-get.  Sort of.

Let's blow bubbles.
There aren't enough bubbles in this world.

You blow bubbles, I'll bust 'em.
Or better yet, eat 'em.

Funny faces, hiding faces, and entertaining royalty
are all part of Family Night at the Loyds'.

Don't worry.  This was just for appetizers.
They all ate a hearty meal, too.

Hunter is engrossed in his little factory.  The little balls
are people.  He speaks for them in a small voice,
"My turn, my turn."

Evan and Claire are a lapful for story time.
And that suits Grandpa just fine.

Hunter is sure getting independent-- as are all the kids.
This day, he wanted to put in one of Amanda's old
cassette story tapes and follow along with "Peter and
the Wolf."  I told him what buttons to push and he did
the rest.  He stuck with it for a while even though I went in
 the other room to be with Bri.  I snuck back for this photo.

Not only did Bri color a bunch of pictures, she later
wrote bunches of numbers and words all over her
pictures-- then asked me what she had written.  Hmm.

I had pictures of Evan and Claire in the pool a while
back.  This was the first day I remembered to bring
the camera out for Hunter and Bri.

Isn't that the happiest shark you've ever seen?

Bri is so proud of her little brother.

Here, I think he's a beached whale.
Actually, he's sliding from the wading pool
over to the pink slip-and-slide pool.

No injuries, no lost teeth, even with all the
backwards and headfirst slides.

Since keeping cool is the primary objective, we do
more imaginative play than actual swimming.  In
fact, I don't know if a goldfish could swim in this pool.

In Bri's vivid imagination, all these pool toys become
Grandma's garden vegetables.  And Bri is the chef.

Don't you dare think this means Hunter is tired.
He's just pretending to be asleep so he won't have
to go home yet.  It worked for a little while.
In the next blog, I'll share a few cute videos
 that go along with these wonderful summer days.

No comments: