Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Doe, A Deer . . . um . . . SIX deer!

My Facebook friends have probably already
seen the video of six deer socializing in our 
back yard.  For those of you who haven't seen
it, here are a couple of additional pictures I
took out the kitchen window before the deer
decided to move to a more secluded spot.


Apparently, our guests were two does with
two fawns each.  We've seen plenty of deer
on our property before, but I think six at a
time sets a record.

Just before this video, I barely missed a great
shot of two of the fawns playing "tag."

It was funny how my Facebook post drew
as many comments about my 1973 Mercury
station wagon as it did about the deer.
The deer seem to like it, anyway.
You never know what will happen 
 next around the Loyd place!

No comments: