Monday, December 1, 2014

Christmas Cheer at Watch Me Grow

Today was my annual Christmas singalong
at Watch Me Grow preschool.  There were new
faces, but the same familiar fun.  We didn't get
into the Christmas music until the second half
of the program.


We did several action/ motion songs, starting
with "Shake My Sillies Out." The kids helped
me do motions on "She'll Be Comin' 'Round
the Mountain," "The Wheels on the Bus,"
and more.


Ms. Marianne requested one of her favorites
and I gladly complied.  She had supplied me
with names of the two older classes so I could
make up rhyming verses for "Hey Lolly Lolly."

The verses all go like this:
Hey lolly, lolly, lolly, hey lolly, lolly Lord,
Hey lolly, lolly, lolly, hey lolly, lolly Lord.
I've got a friend, his/her name is _______,
Hey lolly, lolly Lord,
she/he _____ ______ _____ _____,
Hey lolly, lolly Lord.


Here are some of today's special verses in brief:
... Beckett ... drove my car and didn't wreck it ...
...Lily... she likes my songs but says I'm silly ...
...Gavin... he's the kind of friend worth havin'...
...Colt... runs as fast as a lightning bolt...
...Keaton... one of his favorite things is eatin'...
...Will...took me to lunch and paid the bill...
...Parker... he's got a dog and it's a barker...
...Holden... would like to have a ring that's golden...
...Devon... drew me a picture that looked like heaven...
...Aiden and Hayden...had a tan but now it's fadin'...
...Finley...hangs his stocking by the chimney...
...Abby... she told Santa he's too flabby! ...

Those last two led us into the Christmas songs.
My singing frog, Froggie, helped us sing
"Santa Claus is Coming to Town," "Jingle Bells,"
and "We Wish You a Merry Christmas."
It was a ribbeting performance.


We danced to "Jingle Bell Rock" and "Rockin'
Around the Christmas Tree" and learned motions
for Jingle Bells.  And last but not least we did
freeze dancing to a variety of keyboard rhythms.
Chipper's acrobatics (including double flips)
were a big hit!

 Here are the classes that participated in
our Christmas singalong/dance-a-thon.



 As always, Ms. Marianne's class provided
willing helpers to get me loaded up. Four
for the keyboard stand, three for my stool,
and two for Chipper gave every "elf" a job.

One more group hug and then it's bye-bye
till next year.

Those little hands gave me a memorable card.
In the years to come, I can only imagine what
those same hands will accomplish.
A great big holiday thanks to Ms. Marianne
and her perky Pre-K!

No comments: