Monday, March 23, 2015

Hearty, Healthy Home Action

Favorable weather has had us more outside
than inside with the kids lately.
You name it, we did it.

The old standard Sit'n'Spins are still a hit
with Bri and Hunter.


The new ramp is a little bumpy for riding
these scooters, but worth a try.

Now here's a new twist.  The Easter bunny
has three tiny babies-- and the dinosaurs are
determined to eat them for a snack. Don't
worry, there's always a happy ending.

Bri tries out the new Tarzan rope swing.
I've made an improvement since then that
she'll like even better.

A new favorite game is "Call It," which is
probably not familiar to any or many of my
readers.  Amanda and I played this game more
than 20 years ago and loved it.  The kids have
picked it up quickly. I think I'll do a separate 
blog about this game soon.
And by the way, they're teaching Judy to play.

Less than 24 hours later, we had a new
attraction-- a double trapeze. (Bri and Hunter
will see it tomorrow)  Evan demonstrates.

A real leg-stretcher.

It's okay to relax, but don't let go.

An old blender with the cutting apparatus
removed is fine for the sand pile. Many a
smoothie was concocted this day.

Sorry, Grandpa.  You can't have a basketball.
I've barely got enough for myself.
(Just kidding-- Evan always insists on sharing!)

Evan invites Claire to try out the new trapeze.
She's a natural.  And he can't help but get in
 on the act.

Why is it kids would rather be upside down
than right-side up?

I could always just turn my camera upside down.

Claire falls in love with the Tarzan swing.
She tries it out with the new foot support
and swings back and forth across the ravine.

As the kids near the weight limit for a 
bike seat, I invite them to ride around the
yard with Grandpa.  This requires a high
degree of trust. But Evan accepts.

So does Claire.  Bri also rode it last week
but I failed to get a picture.  Bri and Hunter
have another chance this week.

Like Evan, I'm just hangin' around waiting
for the kids to come back-- and it won't be long!


No comments: