Friday, March 13, 2009

Tar Heels Survive Friday the 13th

Prediction: There will be more banners hanging in the Dean Dome after this season!

It could've been ugly. What am I saying? It WAS ugly. But somehow, even with ACC MVP Tywan Lawson, the Tar Heels persevered to hold off a determined, even desperate, Virginia Tech team. When I learned Tywan wasn't going to play, I felt that even winning one game in the ACC tournament would be a moral victory. Now I'm greedy. I really want to beat Florida State tomorrow. But it would be no disgrace to lose to any of the teams still standing in our ultra-tough league.

Speaking of Friday the 13th, I guess you noticed we just had one of those in February. In fact, do you realize that February and March are the only two months that can have a Friday the 13th consecutively, and that can't happen in leap year. Since it only happens when Feb. 1 is on a Sunday in a non-leap year, it doesn't happen very often at all. Maybe that's why I don't remember it. Well, there's more to life than basketball, so let's move on.

No comments: