Friday, July 3, 2009

There's a New Show in Town: Meet CLAIRE!

At 3:45 A.M. Wednesday, July 2, Claire Devon Kirby made her debut to less than a packed house. The maternity waiting room that had been overflowing and even raucous all day now only held me and Judy. Jennifer had called us at 6 A.M. Tuesday from the hospital and we were there by 8:30 standing vigil. Actually, we were sitting, and I was reading more than I was being vigilant. Jennifer and Matt were the only ones doing any hard work. I'll leave it to Jennifer to tell the front line events in her blog when she has time. My job is just to show the FIRST PICTURES, hot off the press. I don't know if I'll have funny captions, it'll depend on my mood as I progress. Well, let's jump right in.



Proud Mom Jennifer with her precious bundle, Claire, while Dad Matt looks on approvingly.

Claire weighed 7 pounds 9 ounces at birth. She's L-o-o-ong, too. 21 3/4 inches.




Some pictures need no words.

SEE, I told you she was long!
Okay, Grandma's here. Gimme the baby!


YES! She looks like her parents, not her grandparents!


Brianna's been helping me train for Claire!


Matt handles little Claire like a pro.


And there's soccer, Duke basketball, and much more to learn about. . . .


Great Grandma Thelma will never get tired of holding her granddaughters.

Okay, Great Grandma. Your time's up. Hand her over.


Great Granddaddy Jack hides his pride well, doesn't he?

Now Jack, I think you've held her longer than I did.


Amanda, another professional blogger, knows a great photo op when she sees it.

Can you tell Stephen's done a lot of this the last two months? Matt, if you need any pointers, here's the guy with real world experience.
Amanda has been waiting not so patiently for her niece and for Brianna's BESTEST playmate to come out and play. That day finally arrived!


There is great joy in the Loyd and Kirby households, and among our extended family. As an unbiased Dad and Grandpa, I predict that Claire and Brianna will, in the years to come, bring as much happiness to everyone whose lives they touch as their stellar Moms, Jennifer and Amanda!






3 comments:

Kylie said...

yeah!!!!!!! She's beautiful!!! Congrats!!!

Unknown said...

I know that Brianna and Claire will follow their mothers right into my heart. I now have my girls to go with my boys!

Kaitlin said...

Thanks for sharing!! Claire is so sweet and adorable. =)