Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Whirlwind of Activity

When I posted TWO posts on Sunday, July 5, little did I know I wouldn't get to blog again for nine days. Last week wasn't the busiest week I've ever known, but I generally like to blog when I have up to a couple of hours to plan my pictures and do my writing. Last week didn't present many chunks of time that large. So to summarize, let me just list some of the routine things that filled the week. These won't be sequential, and I won't even try to designate what day some of these things happened. I don't remember!

  • Held Brianna and Claire every chance I got
  • Played piano at the hospital
  • Church service at Manor Care
  • Took advantage of Snapfish offer: 50 prints for 50 cents (baby pictures have already arrived, ordered another 50+ of genealogy prints)
  • Redid back walkway
  • Gardened: watered, weeded, pruned, harvested
  • Had first tomato sandwich from our garden (not the bread)
  • Finished a good book, Kit's Wilderness, which combined elements of old coal mining communities, family heritage, and family stories, among other things
  • Started another good book, Anne of Green Gables
  • Prepared music for Vacation Bible School
  • Loaded car with games and toys for VBS
  • Celebrated an 80th birthday with a good friend and her family
  • Agreed to help with Moore County Library's Summer Story Hour (this Wed., July 15, at Carthage library at 10:30 a.m.; Thurs., July 16, at Vass Town Library)
  • Watched a couple of great Agatha Christy tales on PBS's Masterpiece Mystery. The sleuths are Poirot and Miss Marple.
  • Went to the third summer concert by the Sandhills Community College Jazz Band (See upcoming blog)
  • Read Jennifer and Amanda's blogs (among others) to see baby pictures I didn't take!
  • Had several nice walks with Judy
  • Judy shared blueberries, peaches, baked apples, watermelon, cherries, and more fruit with me.
  • And last, but not least, responded to a friendly e-mail reminder that I hadn't blogged in a long, long time. : )
  • Enjoyed the next round of Judy's homemade chicken salad

I'm sure I've left out a lot, but at least I've made a dent in the backlog.

At first opportunity I'll post a couple of blogs about the Jazz Band Concert and Vacation Bible School. And I promise pictures next time!

No comments: