Friday, August 28, 2009

Move Over, It's Claire's Time to Shine!

Okay, everybody. Brianna had her blog post yesterday. Now it's Claire's turn. She had her two-month doctor's visit this past week--including shots! (She'll actually be two months old next Wednesday). She's surpassed 11 pounds and the folks who call themselves "family" seem to meet with her approval.

Great Grandma Thelma will hold her just as long as the law allows. And that's just fine with Claire.

Great Granddaddy had a bigger treat than his birthday cake last Sunday--getting to feed Claire her bottle.Daddy (Matt) makes a comfortable lounge chair. Us long-legged guys do have an advantage here.
"Hey, everybody-- I've just learned to whistle 'Dixie'!"
Claire loves music. "Yore cheat-in' heart-- will tell on you. . . ."
Or if you prefer: "It's one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, now go cat go!""Okay, my mouth is open. Aren't you supposed to stick something in it?"
Mommy (Jennifer) multi-tasks, gleaning smart household hints from Real Simple while providing a perfect place of repose for Claire. Can't risk doing household chores now-- might wake the baby!
"Grandma, at least you understand me. Life can be SO hard sometimes. When you can't talk."
Grandpa says, "I don't care if you sleep the whole time--the main thing is, I've GOT you!"

"Well, Mommy, I like 'em fine, but I still think I'd rather live with you and Daddy."

"But play it smart or I'm liable to hit the road."
"I happen to know Grandma's got a thing for me and would take me in in a heartbeat."

"Even though she'd still have to share me. Sometimes."

"Claire, there probably won't be many times in your life you lie still this long!"
"Grandpa, all that means is, you haven't messed up yet."


"I don't get tired of this. I'm sure you'll let me know when you do."
"This 'human hammock' is somewhat conducive to sleep. Is it time for one of my morning naps?"
"No reason we can't both be comfortable, is there?" (See what I mean about us long-legged guys?)
"Ah, the benefits of meditation. Hope you didn't have anything you needed to do, Grandpa. I must not be disturbed."


"WHAT?! Who says it's time to go home?"
"Don't worry, Claire," Grandma says soothingly. "Sometimes the process of actually leaving can take a long time."
Three generations of All-American Girls.

"Okay, you guys. One more picture and let's call it a day. Or at least a morning."
I hope you enjoy the video below. See if you can identify these phases:
  • Contented sucking
  • Playing the piano
  • Directing the orchestra
  • Napoleon complex

No comments: