Friday, October 2, 2009

Picture This-- NO Pictures!

No, my camera's not broken. And I am accumulating some pictures for upcoming blog posts. But today, in view of the fact that I haven't posted in a week, I thought I'd better scramble to give you folks an update on what's been keeping me off the Internet. I just hope I can remember it all!

Sunday, Sept. 27

  • Attended church with Judy
  • Went to Claire's baptism at Matt and Jennifer's church--LOVELY!
  • Cookout at Matt and Jenn's
  • Pinehurst Rehab afternoon church service
  • Evening church "meeting" at Beulah Hill
  • Watched first episode of Ken Burns series on National Parks

Monday, Sept. 28

  • Indoor chores
  • Light outdoor chores
  • Afternoon singalong at Manor Care with Ray
  • Recorded (Mon-Fri) rest of National Parks specials

Tuesday, Sept. 29

  • Cut grass and did other yardwork all morning
  • Located a long-lost cousin, retired missionary to Nigeria
  • Indoor stuff
  • Volunteered (piano) at hospital
  • Ate supper on the porch--not too many nights will be warm enough now!

Wednesday, Sept. 30

  • Composed a long letter to my missionary cousin
  • Enjoyed hosting Amanda and Brianna for lunch
  • Judy and I visited a dear friend at Penick Home, sang some songs
  • Children's Choir, indoor baseball, books for prizes

Thursday, Oct. 1

  • Forgot to say "Rabbit" for good luck (old Scottish custom)
  • Judy remembered to say "Rabbit"
  • Judy finds a lucky penny : )
  • Finished cutting all grass and did other outdoor "fall chores"
  • Enjoyed hosting Thelma for lunch and sharing computer photos, etc.
  • Kept Claire during the afternoon-- played, strolled, partied-- a BLAST

Friday, Oct. 2

  • Indoor and Outdoor chores--like cleaning out stovepipe of woodstove
  • Lunch of tomato sandwiches--not many more!
  • Went to Jack and Thelma's where we kept Brianna during the afternoon--more playing, strolling, and partying-- BLAST II!
  • Found a NICKEL while walking Bri--I still possess an uncommon amount of "luck"
  • Had an evening fire in the chiminea--fun to watch the flames shoot into the dark sky
  • Finished looking at some 1950's and 1960's photos of the Loyd family
  • Finished a good book Amanda had passed along

Saturday, Oct. 3 (Today)

  • CATCH UP ON BLOG
  • Anything else time permits

There is something else Judy and I are doing today-- waiting for our MYSTERY GUESTS! They'll be arriving late Sunday. And THAT is what my next blog post will probably be about!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If the mystery guests happened to name Buddy and Marvin, please let me know. I would like to see them.

Jennifer Kirby said...

I think you guys kept Claire Monday or Tuesday while I ran, too. What would we do without you?!