Saturday, September 26, 2009

Grandbaby-Fest

In the past 10 days, Judy and I have blessed with even more time with Brianna and Claire than usual. This blog post features some of our favorite moments with the two of them, some when they were together.

Brianna says, "To think, this was out of my reach a few days ago. I must be growing."


Brianna is also beginning to enjoy "Peekaboo."

"Here, Grandma, let me show you how this works."

"Okay, Grandma, here's the deal: I won't put you to sleep if you won't put me to sleep."

"Grandpa, if I can chew on this, I'll never need a nose-ring."

Grandpa searches in vain for a ticklish spot.


Amanda says, "Keep your eyes closed, Brianna. In a second you'll get a big surprise."
"Oh my GOODNESS! It's Cousin Claire!"
"And Claire's just as soft and cuddly as I am!"
"Honestly, Claire, you look good enough to eat!"

Amanda is as happy as can be to share her lap with Claire. And Brianna doesn't seem to care.


This marvelous little seat is called a Bumbo. And Claire is quite content to sit in it for extended periods. When she wants to.
"Oh--this is such a sad book! Is this real fur?"


"Maybe this one will suit you better. No violence in Veggie Tales."
"Uh--Grandma--looks who's playing with the camera again."
"Hmm. Nice material. I think I had a blanket like this once. . . Hey, this is my blanket!"

"Grandma, my newest trick is smiling. So I challenge you to a smiling contest."

"Nice try, Grandma, but try to beat this."

"Okay, let's raise the bar a little. Can you smile this big?"

"The winner and still champion. But don't worry, Grandma. At least you came in second."
Great Grandma likes to check on Claire every chance she gets, too.
"Claire, I remember when you were just a little baby!"
"Claire, you'll find out pretty fast, when you need something, just come to Great Grandaddy."
As soon as you have four teeth we'll start you on corn-on-the-cob. But we can go to the fish house sooner than that.
You have certainly figured this out by now: Claire and Brianna bring great joy wherever they appear. So the more often they 'appear', the happier I am!

No comments: