Monday, September 14, 2009

Claire in September

It's hard to believe, but with Labor Day and a trip to Atlanta intervening, I haven't blogged about the granddaughters since late August. And we'll soon have first frost, short days, Halloween, and all. Well, this time, it's Claire's turn to go first.

When it comes to Claire, Judy always has a spare shoulder ready and waiting.


Grandpa's shoulders are a little bony. Let's try the lap. This is my new toy. But of course I'll share.

Jennifer is certain she can coax a smile from this child.

BINGO! How'd you do that, Jennifer? Mother's secret.

Grandpa's idea of multi-tasking is using tummy for a footrest, knees for a cradle, leaving the hands free for, er, holding.

See, Claire, this is how it really works. Grandpa just didn't know.

No, I promise, I'm not sleepy, Grandpa.

No fair! Stop singing that song! I can't hear you!
Grandpa prevails. Let's see, was it "Mary Had a Little Lamb" or "Sing a Song of Sixpence?" It'll be worth remembering.
It's only mid-September and there will be many more photo ops this month for our little Claire, who is a lot bigger than this time last month. She seems to be quite pleased with this little world of hers and the mostly big people who inhabit it. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have got to stop by and see Claire. She is growing so fast!