Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mid-March Follies

Some weeks it just isn't easy to find time to write on the ol' blog.  Believe me, the calendar has been full.
But before March gets away, I should complete this post about some fun times earlier this month with the grandchildren.  Soon I will follow up this one with a post about a dream of a weekend.

Claire: "That's okay, Grandpa (she really just calls me 'Pa').  I'll take your chair and you can have have mine."

Bri doesn't mind sharing the swing with two of her favorite people.  Just so they ask permission.

Brianna:  "Claire, do you think we're supposed to tip Grandpa for pulling us around?"
Claire:  "I don't know, Bri.  He takes really long breaks."

You know what they say about good intentions.  Well, I re-inked a green stamp pad so I could stamp Bri with a shamrock for St. Patrick's Day.  Unfortunately, one rub of the hand and it looked like some outlandish eye makeup.  What's left of the shamrock is a green blur on her hand.  Maybe I shouldn't have cleaned off her nose before the picture, but it was an unnerving sight.

Bri is happy to display her cute little sun hat. 

Hunter:  "Well folks, I'm just coolin' my toes and nibbling on whatever I can find until I'm old enough for chocolate."

Bri likes to get in on some of her old toys while showing Hunter some of the ropes.  So to speak.  Her "Big Sister" instincts are uncanny.

It took the combined breath of four of us to blow out my birthday candles.
Just to show how old I am, my age equals that of the other three combined.  Honestly.

Claire and Bri are a couple of swingers.  They can do this for a long, long time without losing interest.  Hunter and Evan like it, too.

Bri has brought her little CD player along for her and Claire's outdoor snack.
Bri:  "Whaddya think, Cuz, Stayin' Alive or Honky Cat?"

I couldn't get Bri to look toward the camera for love or money.  Luckily a big, loud truck got her to turn her head.  Meanwhile, Claire waited patiently.

See what I mean?
Claire: "Bri, is Pa using us to make the flowers look prettier?"  (Answer: YES!)

These big girls are getting to be a heavy load, but I'll gladly tote them till my arms fall off.

No wagon for Hunter.  He's got his own personal carrier.  And Grandma isn't complaining.

Parting shots; your choice of captions:
Caption #1  Bri: "No, Grandpa, I haven't got on my makeup."
Caption #2  Claire: "Well, let's humor him."
Caption #3  Bri AND Claire:  "Bye bye."

Evan wasn't with us on this day, but we'll make up for his absence in the next blog.
As the girls said, "Bye bye."

No comments: