Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Fantastic Four

As the grandchildren have gotten more mobile (the two girls, at least), it seems harder to catch 'em in a Kodak moment.  There are plenty of things I'd love to photograph-- I'm just not fast enough!  Nevertheless, I think I have some priceless shots to share.

When Hunter goes off to take a nap, Brianna decides to revisit some of these cool toys that were her favorites just a few months ago.  She's examining the Fisher-Price sunflower rattle that was Jennifer's more than 30 years ago.  While sitting in the Millenium Falcon.


Nursery rhymes are particularly big with Bri right now.  Especially the ones that can be sung.  And if you leave out a verse, boy are you in trouble!

Hunter:  "Ha!  Proof at last-- the moon is NOT made of cheese!"


Bri says Hunter needs a little kissy-kiss on the top of his head.

Then a little smooch on the ol' eyeball.

And top it off with the kind of lubby-dubby hug only a big sister can give.  Awwww.

Of course, as you must realize, Hunter doesn't really need us anymore.  He's his own man.  In search of a forward gear.

Bri says:  "I'm the queen of the WORLD!"


Now for some of the recent action with Claire and Evan.
Claire:  "Hey, Evan.  Wanna play soccer?"

When you're a busy big sister like Claire, you're constantly having to refill your gas tank.  With Juicy Juice!

Sometimes Claire is shy.

Other times, she's ready for a celebrity interview.

Evan:  "If my feet smell, why can't I smell these flowers?"

Claire:  "My Grandma knows how to get these Pringles thingies for free!  They are good, but they are SALTY!"

Evan: "And what did the Big Bad Wolf do then?"

Years ago, we had some ancient Chinaberry trees cut.  There's a sunken place in our yard where the roots gradually decayed.  That's a favorite spot for Claire, Brianna, and Kitty Cat.
Claire:  "I'm melting, I'm melting!"

Everybody loves Judy's prayer garden.  Now don't ask me how Evan rates the two-seater buggy.

Evan:  "This is the first part of the Hokey Pokey:  You stick your right foot out."

"And speaking of the Hokey Pokey, baby's have a big advantage over grownups: you can't stick both feet out and shake 'em all about when you're stnding up!"

Believe it or not, I've already got more pictures waiting for another blog post.
My guess is, you believe it!

No comments: