Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Spontaneous Father's Day Post

This Father's Day is a good one. I have more to be thankful for than many Father's.  The pictures below speak for themselves, so I'll just make brief explanatory remarks.

This is daughter Amanda, wife Judy, me, and daughter Jennifer.  The occasion was that they all joined me on my grand finale class field trip to the House in the Horseshoe before I retired in 2008.  What a nice gift that was.  My students loved it, too!

Since then, Jennifer and Amanda have found the best way to make parents happy is to make them Grandparents.

Amanda and Stephen have given us Brianna and Hunter.

Jennifer and Matt have given us Claire and Evan.

And for me, my journey toward fatherhood had its beginning when my wonderful mother and father tied the knot in 1948.  Both of them taught me everything I know about love and family.  I hope to continue to pass those lessons along.  And at 97, I think Daddy is still teaching me.
Happy Father's Day to all.

No comments: