Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hunter is ONE! And Bri says "Don't forget ME!"

This is not strictly a "birthday blog," but I'd like you all to know that Hunter has now turned ONE, thereby meeting his annual goal.  His big party is coming up Saturday and there will be more pictures.  Today there will be more of him than of Brianna, but I couldn't leave her cute self out!

Here, both kids are hard at work.  For I agree with Maria Montessori that play is the work of a child.

Hunter: "I'm warning you: take my picture or I push this button!  AGAIN!"

Sometimes merely playing with toys doesn't present enough of a challenge.  When that happens, Hunter creates his own obstacle course. 
A natural climber.

Not content with manipulating just one toy, Hunter demonstrates his dexterity in handling (or footling) two.

Can't you just see the wheels turning?
I wonder what has his eyes lit up and his mouth poised . . .

"Hallelujah, brothers and sisters!"

Hunter's practicing the "Say 'AH'" that he'll need for doctor and dentist visits.  Someday.  Don't stick your hand in there.

An always active Bri practices chillin' with Grandma and Goldfish.

"Yeah, Grandma, you can check my diaper. 
But me and Bri have to check out the magnets." 
 (Look closely on the fridge and you'll see some vintage baby pics.)

When Mommy arrives, Bri's tired of sitting, but can't resist the lure of a good book.

"Well, why do you think I'm pushing?  I'm out of gas!"

"Yes, I know it's unusual to be able to palm a ball at my age."

"But when you're ONE, you're ready for anything
the world has to offer!"
And that's the truth!

Next blog: Evan and Claire

No comments: