Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Visit With Evan and Claire in the 'Hood

Judy and I had the pleasure of babysitting Evan and Claire at their house instead of ours this week.  It was great to hang out in their 'hood.  Here's what was happening.

When Claire realized that these knots are what support the swing, she set out to sabotage it.  Of course, no one swings here but her and Grandma.  Uh oh!

We love to watch Claire's hair blow in the wind. 
And she must love the way it feels.

If Claire can just get up enough speed,
she may pass through a time warp.
Of course, being with me and Judy is sort of like that.

"Nobody made me sit in the corner. 
I just wanted to be like Dennis the Menace."

"Why should I care if you tell Mommy. 
She's the one who taught me this."

"See, Grandma, this is what we mathematicians call symmetry.
Arms-- just so, legs-- just so, and mouth-- just so."

"If I ever get a four-wheeler that goes more than
two miles an hour, then I'll get a helmet."

What do you do when the balls take over the swing set?

Claire started the afternoon with her boots.
Then she transitioned to her lovely slippers.
But most of the time she preferred going barefoot.

After that strenuous workout, Claire relaxes with a cold drink and a wagon ride with Grandma.  Hey, what about some rest for Grandma, too!

Not even that pacifier can hide Evan's perpetual smile.

Okay, Evan, what mischief are you about to engage in?

"Here, Grandpa.  Let's swap cameras."
(Explanation:  He's holding my old camera, which quit focusing properly.  Claire gave me her camera which Jennifer had given to her.  I've been using it since last spring with no problems.)

"Grandpa and Grandma, I really like the toy rotary phone and the toy mailbox.  But why are you guys hung up on all these obsolete things?"

Three generations of smiles.

"Say cheese.
Grandpa wore his airplane shirt just for Claire.

Claire and Grandpa can have fun doing just nothing.

WOW!  What luck!  My first photo of Evan standing unsupported.
He's been doing this more and more, but I've never been ready with the camera.  Until today!  Way to go, Ev Man.

And Claire is just head-over-heels
with pride in her little brother.
And I'm head-over-heels with both of 'em!

No comments: