Thursday, May 24, 2012

Four on the Floor -- and other places

Please join me as a review some of
the grandkid fun from the past few days.

Brianna's latest favorite it to be Dr.
Shearrington.  Anyone knows that all
you need to look like a doctor is a 
stethoscope-- which Grandma provided.

During my appointment, the good doctor
diagnosed me with paper-itis.  Ever heard of it?
Neither have I.  But she says I'm getting better.

An old toy seems brand new when it's
taken outside under a shade tree.

This is one of our newer acquisitions, and
Hunter is still exploring the many options.

Hunter examines the shaped keyholes,
which are a challenge even for Bri and Claire.

And back to the old toy, which becomes
new with the addition of a dump truck.

See how easily he transitions into a World
War I pilot.  But is he Snoopy or the Red Baron?

You know, all the baseball greats kiss
their bats for good luck.

Now the hardest part of baseball is getting that
 ball perfectly balanced on that little bitty tee.

"Hammerin' Hunter" selects the bat called
the Mauler, and look at that ball fly!

And to show true domination, you must
also smash the tee to the ground
(and he wouldn't let me stand it up again).

When I ask Brianna to smile while showing
off her birthday pin for Grandpa Loyd's 98th
birthday, she cooperates enthusiastically.  If you 
can't quite count all the teeth, click to enlarge.

Different day, same playspace.  Enter Evan
and Claire.  A little bit of everything.

Evan says, "Isn't anyone gonna tell me
not to stand up on this chair?  A little kid
like me could get hurt, ya know."

Grandma: "Claire, is there room for one more?"
This is the tent my brother gave Jennifer and
Amanda over 25 years ago.  Still perfect.

Claire loves this little getaway.

So what if it's not totally private.

Evan: "You can't see me, you can't see me!"

"Okay, you can see me.  Now push me."

When any of the kids are around, Kitty Cat
picks and chooses when to show up.  Sometimes
he just disappears for a couple of hours, only
to return for petting.  When Kitty Cat sees Evan
and me playing in the old station wagon, he takes
a closer look.

While Evan "drives" in silence, Kitty Cat
resumes his restful nap on the hood.  On
the safe side of the windshield.

This video shows Kitty Cat choosing to pass
us by.  But he doesn't go unnoticed by Evan.

In this final video, Evan demonstrates his
pre-drive routine.  Check the door locks.
Check to make sure feet reach steering wheel.
Check the radio.  Check to see if there's a
cat on the hood . . . WHAT!!
More fun stuff as it happens.  Here on
your Eclectic Blog.  Please visit often.




No comments: