Thursday, May 10, 2012

This 'n That, (what eclectic is all about)

I have a couple of blog topics on the
back burner, but today's offering is
a typically eclectic smattering of recent
photos.  And believe me, I've been too
busy playing with the grandkids to even
take any pictures of our adventures. So
this blog is other stuff.

Here are some of Judy's Mom and Dad's
roses, captured right at their peak (Oh,
how I was tempted to say "prize" roses).
Just minutes later, several petals adorned 
the wooden deck, so I was just in time.


In our latest produce box from Sandhills
Farm to Table (our local co-op), we received
bok choy.  Judy prepared it in a brand new
wok our friend Margie gave us.

This past Sunday at Beulah Hill we held a 
service to rededicate our renovated facilities.

Pastor Barbery preached from 2 Chronicles 5
on the dedication of Solomon's temple and
Glory in the house of God.

My friend Steve and I like to be photographed
on such memorable occasions.

The ten new stained-glass windows were
given in honor or memory of various loved 
ones.  The one depicting the Sermon on the
 Mount was given in memory of Judy's grand-
parents, Jesse B. and Ada W. McKenzie.

I can't resist one more look at that altar.

Back on the home front, maybe I can't
grow flowers like those we saw at church,
but I can surely encourage the wild prickly
pear cacti that grow on our property.
Lots more blooms on the way, as you see.

The same evening Judy and I observed the
cactus, I also spotted a couple of deer moving
through the territory.  By the time I went to
the house to get the camera, the deer had
moved off to the neighboring property.  But
they'll be back for our blackberries, pears,
acorns, and such.  But hopefully, not for
our garden!
Until next time, have an eclectic week.

No comments: