Saturday, February 14, 2009

Another Eclectic Week!

Here are some highlights of the past week:

  • Monday~ I finished sawing up the massive white oak tree that had generously been shared with me. Next week I'll begin the splitting!
  • Tuesday~ I played the piano at the hospital. Great fun, as usual.
  • Wednesday~ Amanda joined me and Judy for our soup luncheon and weekly card game. I hauled a load of paperwork to Carthage to drop off to a CPA~ first time in 32 years I've needed assistance on taxes.
  • Also Wednesday~ Judy enjoyed the Duke/Carolina game immensely. Too soon to make projections about UNC's future prospects, because every ACC team is upset-minded when we face them. Still, we're playing with greater intensity, and look like we're having fun.
  • Thursday~ I provided keyboard entertainment for a sweetheart banquet for the Ladies of Sacred Heart. This was the umpteenth time I've played for this event, but the first time it was held at Table on the Green, Midland Country Club. I always enjoy these folks. It was also the first time they held a luncheon instead of a dinner, which was fortunate for me, in light of my retirement.
  • Friday~ Judy and I did our household chores early and took advantage of the last warm day to picnic and hike at nearby Weymouth Woods. If you like hiking, you should try it. We followed the Pine Barrens Trail, Gum Swamp Trail, and part of the Holly Trail.
  • Saturday~ Today is Valentine's Day ALL DAY LONG. Judy's not-so-secret admirer/sweetheart sent red roses. Now I can get away with anything--for a little while. She's got a surprise dinner in the works for me, and I've got one more teeny tiny surprise. We'll wait a few days for a dinner out when Moore County isn't such a madhouse.

Hope you and someone special celebrate Valentine's Day in style!

No comments: