Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tar Heel Seniors Highlight Carolina Barnstorming Tour

Monday night, Judy took me to the Carolina Barnstorming Tour basketball game at Union Pines. This was my BIG birthday present, and it was super. Carolina seniors Tyler Hansbrough, Danny Green, and Bobby Frasor plus Duke players Greg Paulus and David McClure were featured. It was a game of fast breaks, individual highlight reel plays, dunks, and three-pointers. Believe me, you could never get this close to these stars at the Smith Center. Some of the pictures are a little dark, but here's a sampler of what we experienced.

Tar Heels take the floor for warmups, to the cheers of a packed house.


These stars are used to cheers, but you could tell they felt appreciated.
Three of the Tar Heels' biggest fans. Guess who's happy to be here?The starters prepare to jump center.

The outcome would never be in doubt, but good plays for both teams were cheered all night long. Moore County All-Stars put on a good display of talent themselves.

FAST BREAK (every time down the floor)!

Psycho T (Hansbrough) made one three-pointer after another. Ya think some NBA scouts were there?


Danny Green goes in for a whirlwind dunk.


A real rim-rattler!
WAY TO GO, DANNY! Hey-- what am I doing here. Oops, wrong blog post!
Danny says, "Go ahead, shoot over me. You don't think I'd try to block it, do you?"
Emma gets a Tar Heel autograph she's been hoping for.

"Well," says Brianna, "Since I'm here . . . I'm a Tar Heel born, I'm a Tar Heel bred . . . ."

No comments: