Sunday, November 22, 2009

Brianna Plays, then Hits the Road

Friday was a special day. Judy and I lunched with Amanda and Brianna at 195. Judy and I had their Butter Chicken, an Indian curry dish which has become one of our favorites. Having Brianna with us made us celebrities. She was very patient with us while we ate; then she ate her own lunch--real people food. Amanda's blog has some great videos of Bri eating-- check it out.

Then, while Amanda put in a couple of hours at work, Judy and I babysat--with pleasure.

"Okay, Brianna. Here's a book and a toy. Which do you choose?"


"Yeah! She chooses the book! That's our GIRL!"

"Surely this child isn't putting herself to sleep!"

Brianna: "So this is that sunbeam that little Trixie in 'For Better or Worse' gets so worked up over. What's the big deal?"

Brianna: "I don't get it Grandma. I'm pushing as hard as I can. But my head stays where it was and my bottom pops up. What am I doing wrong?"
Brianna: "No problem. I'd rather untie your shoe anyway."
Brianna: "Grandma-- it's the paparazzi! They're back. Hide me, quick!"
Saturday was yard sale day and Brianna was at our house for a short while. We thought she would be tired and fussy after a long morning, but when she got in her little car, she was ready to play. This is my favorite video of her (that I've taken) so far.

Just wait till we let her wheels touch the floor!

1 comment:

'Tracey Garner said...

I loved the video. She is so adorable. I can't wait to get to see her in person. What cuties you have for granddaughters. I know why you two love to babysit all the time....who could resist those two?