Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Hangin' Out With Claire

What better way to spend the day before Thanksgiving than quality time with Claire? It was just a couple of hours, but believe me, it was quality time!

We were eager to try out the "Johnny Jump-Up." That's not really a generic name for this contraption, but that's what the first one I ever saw was called. My first principal loaned us one and Jennifer and Amanda LOVED the thing.

Claire had tried Brianna's earlier this week, and seemed to get a thrill out of having one at her own house. Well, maybe you can't tell it from her expression, but trust me.

Claire loves to try to stand up, and this device lets her bounce without putting undue pressure on those little legs. I think I would market this toy as "Baby Bungee." Wish I'd had one.
"Grandpa, you should have let Grandma take the picture. Sure, you centered it okay, but by holding the camera in your right hand, you cut off my little head. Tut, tut."

"Ah, this is the life. I hope you don't have to get up any time soon, Grandpa."

"Nope, I've got nowhere to go and nothing better to do. So let's sing another round of Down by the Station or The Wheels on the Bus."

"Sure, Grandpa. And I'll just hold on to these thumbs to make sure you don't try to get away."


"No, I haven't got a Mohawk. I'm just having a bad hair day-- and you can blame that on Grandpa, too."

"Uh, what was that you said, Grandpa? I wasn't listening-- I was watching Grandma."

Claire loves her Grandma. And her fuzzy ribbon ball of many colors.
And Grandma loves Claire!
We also had a pleasant neighborhood walk, introducing Claire to our backpack (no pictures). When we got back, a hungry Claire sucked down her bottle in record time. But she opted not to take a nap. That suited me and Judy just fine.
Ya know what else suits us fine? Tomorrow's Thanksgiving and we get to see both Claire AND Brianna. Oh yeah, and a bunch of grown-ups. : )
Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

'Tracey Garner said...

I loved it!! What a cutie pie, and I could totally smooch up those cheeks.

Amanda said...

Great post! I'm with Tracey, I wanna smooch on her!