Thursday, April 29, 2010

10 K: A Blogging Milestone


No, I'm not going to be running a 10 K. I'm talking about another kind of milestone. Last Friday, April 23, 2010 at 7:25 (and 31 seconds), my Eclectic Blog was visited for the 10,000th time. Thanks to modern technology, I know how appropriate that visit was. It was from one of my most faithful readers-- who knows how to take the bad with the good. This reader was on-line in Hamlet, North Carolina.

A few of you know who it is now.

It's GAIL!

I guarantee that several hundred of my blog "hits" have been from Gail. Not to mention countless "warm fuzzy" comments. Thank you, thank you, thank you Gail. And thank you to all you other faithful readers, both long-time and relative newcomers.


As I reviewed my blog history, I was a little surprised that in less than two years since I retired, I have posted 290 blog posts. Wow, that makes me a little tired. But not really. It has been hugely fun, and I have no plans to stop. I can't even imagine how many photos I've posted, but I know I'm up to more than 60% of my allotted capacity. What will I do when I max out? Start another blog, of course!


My very first post in July 2008 explained what I meant by an "Eclectic Blog." Unlike Jerry Seinfeld, who had a show purportedly about nothing, my blog can be about anything and everything. Even about Seinfeld, as a matter of fact.

Feel free to visit my archives if you're a recent follower. In the past two years I've blogged about grandbabies, nature, opinions, vacations, family, blessings, and much more. Eclectic stuff, ya know?


Predictably, there will be more about those lovable, huggable, knee-bounceable grandbabies. What else will there be? Stick around and find out. And thanks again for visiting.

Oh yeah, what's with the flower pictures? They have absolutely nothing to do with today's blog post. But I was in the mood for them. And they're nice, aren't they DEBI?! (other most faithful reader) : )

2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

I did think you meant a 10K running race when I saw the title. But, congrats on 10K visits! How exciting!

Unknown said...

I will be here for the 20K, 30K,
50K, etc. It is a morning ritual to read your blog along with Jennifer's and Anmanda's. Thanks for all the blogs and especially the pictures!