Friday, January 7, 2011

Candid Camera-- Christmas 2010


I hope you've already visited the preceding post with some treasured family photos.
This post is more lighthearted, as I sought out babies and their significant others in poses that demanded captions.  Whether they strike you as funny or not I can't predict.  Also, I will identify the location of the action in parentheses.

(Atlanta, Daddy's house)
Judy:  "Listen carefully, girls, and you can hear what everyone in the other room is saying about you."


(Atlanta, Northlake Gardens)
Judy: "Claire, Evan, Grandpa Loyd, will someone please play ball with me?"


(Atlanta, Daddy's house)
Claire: "Okay, so what is this strange Loyd initiation rite all about."

(Atlanta, Daddy's house)
Claire: "Somebody must think it's pretty important for me to learn that little song with all the letters."


(Pinehurst, party at Matt and Jennifer's)
Claire's legs.  Hiding behind drapes-- or anything else-- is a popular pastime.


(Pinehurst party)
Someone else thinks hiding behind drapes is great fun.  Who could it be?


It's shy little Brianna in her Christmas dress!


(Atlanta, Dairy Queen, a charity donation site)
Judy: "Sorry, Claire, once the pennies go in, they don't come out again."
Claire: "Grandma, I can tell you some ways to get a better return on your investment."

(Atlanta, Daddy's house)
Judy:  "I'm on the 'Baby Diet.'  I'd rather hold Evan than eat."

(Pinehurst party, Claire's room)
Brianna: "Well it's too bad they made us sit in the corner, but at least we have each other."
Claire: "Yeah, those grown-ups sure can be sensitive, can't they?"


(Pinehurst party)
Brianna:  "Mommy, I know what I want for Christmas.  Claire's chair."


(Atlanta, Daddy's house)
Brianna reaches for more Goldfish.  They help her water go down.
Claire has latched onto Grandpa Loyd's alarm clock.  It meets all the criteria for a toy:
1) It's shiny  2) Handy carrying handle 3) It's for adults and 4) It doesn't work.

(Atlanta, Daddy's house)
Brianna:  "Grandpa, watch what Evan does when I put my finger here."


(Atlanta, Daddy's house)
Brianna:  "Dahling, I simply must have your recipe for these Goldfish."
Claire:  "Now that I've got a mouthful of water, I need to find someone who needs to be sprayed."


(Atlanta, Northlake Gardens)
Claire: "Man, I haven't been to kindergarten, and already they're checking into assisted livings for me."


(Atlanta, Daddy's house)
Claire:  "Some party, Bri.  See if this doesn't taste like plain old water to you."


(Atlanta, Daddy's house)
Evan:  "I really appreciate the Varsity hat, y'all, but I just can't believe the Varsity Junior closed before I could eat meat."


(Atlanta, Daddy's house)
Jennifer:  "No, Claire, we're not going to wrap him up with ribbons and string like we did at home."


(Atlanta, Daddy's house)
Brianna: "Make a wish when I close my eyes,
Open them up to a big surprise!"


Brianna:  "Um.  This is it?  I don't see how my new slide could possibly be in here."


Dont' worry.  Santa brought Bri her slide.  And I think everyone in our family got what we wanted for Christmas.  I know I did.


1 comment:

Kylie said...

These pictures make me nostalgic - memories of me and my own cousin Jessica growing up - there is something really special about a cousin that is close in age - like an instant best friend - such a blessing.