Thursday, January 6, 2011

Four Generations: Christmas in Atlanta

For me, the highlight of our post-Christmas trip to Atlanta was seeing my 96 year-old Dad light up when presented with his four wonderful great-grandchildren.  I will have another blog post of some candid shots, but all of these center around Daddy and his reaction to this special occasion.
This post is a compilation of pictures taken by me, Jennifer, Amanda, and occasionally our designees.  I apologize if some are a little redundant, but for the sake of family members who will notice little expressions and such, I have included some that are similar.  Thank you Jennifer and Amanda for sharing your photos (and your cameras).

On the night of our traditional party at Daddy's house, we got this four generation picture spanning 96 years of our family's history.
Left to right: me, Claire, Evan, Jennifer, Daddy (Great Grandpa Loyd)


Four generations with Claire (no Evan) at Northlake Gardens.


Three generations.

The following night, Daddy checks out Evan's little feet.  Yep, he's got the Loyd feet.

Great Grandpa thinks Evan has a healthy appetite, too.  Another surefire sign of Loyd blood.


"If he doesn't let go, y'all won't be able to go back to North Carolina.  And that suits me", says Great Grandpa.

Evan wants his own four generation picture, too.


Young feller, I have some stories for you.  Do you have a few hours?


Nothing like a new baby to bring smiles all around.


Here's our four generation picture of Amanda's crew.  Amanda and Brianna on the back row, me, Hunter, and Great-Grandpa on the front.  Notice just to the right, on the piano music stand is the shadowbox Stephen and Amanda recently had constructed to honor Daddy's military service (check my recent blog post).


This is the same group, but apparently somebody said something to crack us up.  The other reason I particularly like this picture is because Bri is patting me on the shoulder.


Before our big party was over, Caryn somehow got our whole family assembled for a group picture-- the first one in a while, I believe.  I won't go through the names, but these are Loyds, Coles, Kirbys, and Talberts-- the people I love the most.


I bet you can see why I didn't need anything else for Christmas.
I'm very thankful for what I already have-- a precious and loving family.

No comments: