Tuesday, January 25, 2011

More January Candids

I left an unsolved mystery in the previous post.  The "fifth" character is Kitty Cat, of course.  He's a beloved part of our family, and Claire and Brianna inquire about him frequently when he's not around.

Claire: "Grandma, will you tell Mommy to get me a Kitty Cat and a king-size bed?"


Brianna: "Grandma, I thought Hunter was the one who was supposed to be getting sleepy."


Evan:  "Hey, man.  Give me five!  Uh. . . five what?  I don't know."


Claire: "I know I'm too big to suck my fingers.  But nobody said I couldn't suck my dolly's fingers.  YUM."


Claire:  "I'm sure a real queen would know how to manage two crowns."


Claire:  "And then Cinderella said, 'Well I'll be. . . the doggone thang fits."



Here's the other bargain we got at the daycare's going-out-of-business sale: a Playhouse.  Whoopee!


Claire:  "I know it's only January.  But I want to be ready when they announce the Egg Hunt."


Brianna:  "Listen, you.  When the sign says 'No Soliciting,' that's exactly what it means."


Brianna:  "Don't be silly.  How should I know what an ironing board is."


Brianna:  "Sure, I'm sure they're 3-D glasses.  My Mommy had 'em back in the olden days."


Brianna:  "Grandma, did you mean it when you said we couldn't have snack till Hunter turns over?  I'll be glad to help him.


Claire: "I dare you to post this picture, Grandpa.  Everybody will know it's Evan's paci, not mine."


Grandpa: "Evan, some pictures just don't need a caption.  You are a handsome dude."


Claire:  "Grandpa, please hurry and take the picture.  This swing has to be at least 32 degrees."


Evan: "Dear God, thank you for Mommy and Daddy and Grandma and Grandpa and all my family.  And please let me grow up big and tall like my big sister Claire someday."


As you can see, I may never run out of material.  Just time!

No comments: