Friday, December 9, 2011

More Christmas Festivities

Hot on the heels of my Christmas singalong
with preschoolers was an event at . . . shall
we say the other end of the spectrum.  This
was the Christmas luncheon of the Ladies of
Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Pinehurst.
The fine ladies below are the organizers, and
the two in the center, Ann and Camille, are
responsible for my having provided music
for Valentine and Christmas functions for
almost two decades.


It was a really nice banquet with a speaker
from Moore County's homegrown foundation,
MIRA.  The founder, Bob Bell, told how his
organization is the only one anywhere that
provides guide dogs to blind youth ages 11-17.
It was an impressive an inspirational presentation.

The scene was the Pinehurst Members Club.
There were no signs forbidding photos, so I
thought I'd share some of the beautiful
holiday decor with you.

The main upstairs banquet hall was where
our luncheon took place.

The stairways and everything else
were aglow and bedecked with greenery.

The spacious foyer had many nice displays,
including this manger scene (with no manger).

The yuletide carolers

The view from the main entrance

The grand tree that welcomes
guests at the entrance

A combination of patriotism, a
white Christmas, and traditional
electric train and carolers

Please don't tell these dear ladies I
would provide music at no charge.
They are so kind as to provide my lunch
and seat me with the event organizers,
who are always quite gracious to me.

I must show you my favorite Christmas
tie: Santa playing the piano.

Throughout the course of the affair I heard
much evidence of the tremendous good these
women do in our community.  And not just
at Christmas time.
We Wish You a Merry Christmas
and a Happy New Year,
my good friends at Sacred Heart.
See you at Valentine's Day.

No comments: