Tuesday, August 7, 2012


We had ample opportunity for photos and
videos with Claire and Evan this past weekend.
Here are three videos that highlight their growing
fondness for music.  If you're willing to be silly
you can keep the kids occupied while Grandma
gets some food ready.

In this one, the kids are with me on the piano
bench.  Claire wants me to take a video and is
surprised when I tell her that's what I've done.
(A mere 12 seconds)

Prior to this video, the kids and I have been
carting two Spidermen (mans?) and two
cuddly Teddy bears around while I sang songs.
Spiderman and the Teddies each have to have
a song, and Claire insists on a video.
(About a minute)

This is my favorite, though Judy and I agree
it may not mean much except to our immediate
family.  And it's more than just a one minute
video of a baby monitor.  But that monitor is
what allowed me to capture the inner workings
of Claire during quiet time (once known as nap time).
You may catch fragments of "Holy, Holy, Holy"
(listen for "early in the morning", etc.)
Somehow it morphs into an original song along
the way: "Superheroes Fly By."  Repeat, then
continue to repeat as often as desired.
There were plenty of times I wished I
had the camera, but then I might have
missed some fun.

2 comments:

Jennifer Kirby said...

LOVE these! The monitor one is great. You never know what you're going to hear over the monitors and there have been many times I've wished I had a videocamera handy.

Amanda said...

I just laughed SO HARD! That goes for all three videos!