Monday, December 7, 2009

December Baby Bonanza

December 7, 1941. 68 Years ago today, Pearl Harbor was attacked by the Japanese, an event that would launch the United States into World War II.

So today I'm blogging about-- you guessed it-- THE GRANDBABIES! (Someday I'll tell them all about Pearl Harbor and World War II. But not yet).

This blog isn't chronological-- it's going to be a back and forth of babies Claire and Brianna. I can't believe it's December 7 and I'm just now getting around to posting some of these darling pictures. Well, let's get with it!

Claire: Yeah, this is great Grandpa. But you ought to see how high Daddy tosses me-- when Mom's not looking.
Brianna: Grandma, it's hard to smile for the camera with this pacifier in my mouth.Claire: Grandma, this is my favorite chew toy. Oops-- those are for dogs. I meant "teething facilitator devices."
Brianna: Okay, I think I'm ready for the road test. Now will you help me learn the signs? Especially the ones with words.
Claire: I predict this is where my first tooth will appear.

Brianna: Aw, what a cute little manger scene. I'll bless it now and eat it later.

Claire: So Grandpa, you blow on your fist to get Santa Claus cheeks. See?


Brianna: Mama, Grandpa-parazzi has found us again.
Claire: How to take apart these washable cloth books-- these things must be done delicately!
Brianna: Me and this Santa guy have a lot in common. We squeak when ya squeeze us.

Claire: Grandma, how do you like Mama's new jogging stroller?

Claire: What do you mean, 'Jogging is of the Devil?' Giddyup, horsie!


Brianna: If you don't mind, Grandpa, I have to pose. Then I'll get back to 'London's Britches Falling Down,' whatever that means.
Claire: So, is THIS what you guys mean by 'laid back?'
Brianna: I know he's just waiting for me to plop over backward to take my picture. Well not this time, Buster!

Uh. . . Dat's All, Folks!

No comments: