Saturday, December 26, 2009

You've Come a Long Way, Babies!

This may be my last blog post of 2009. If there were an award for Blog Celebrities of the Year, Brianna and Claire would be winners, hands down. The first four pictures are reminiscent of their early weeks, when they won our hearts. Effortlessly.

"Stick with me kid, and we'll go far."
Claire's Three Generations pic as a newborn
Brianna's Three Generations pic as a newborn

"Wow. I just don't know what to say about that!"
"This is some way to measure my circumference, Grandpa."

"Listen, if you'll just take care of the details, Grandma and I are busy."
"I knew flowers smelled good, but I didn't know the tasted this good."
(This was a favorite Fisher-Price rattle from three decades ago.)

These pictures are from December.
"Can I wear my little hat when I audition for Santa's elves?"

"Grandma, you gotta show me these yard sales you and Grandpa keep talking about."

"That's it. Pose like you're in a Shakespearean tragedy. Leave it to Grandpa to come up with some corny caption."

When Amanda gave me some hand-painted Christian socks (painted by her) a few years ago, I never thought they'd be so appealing to a baby! Yes, they're clean.
"And these represent the little protons, neutrons, and electrons. Any questions so far?"
"See this little snow village? There's about as much snow it it as there was in all of Moore County last week."

Christmas at (Great) Granny and Grandaddy's brings smiles to all the girls' faces.

Claire and Brianna are better than any toys. And yes, we know how to wind them up!
"Oh look, Brianna. It says Mommy can play, too."

"Look at the baby I got for Christmas. I just can't take her home."

Have you ever seen a prouder Great Grandaddy?
"Just as soon as you're old enough the job of cooking the Christmas turkey is all yours!"

We love you Claire and Brianna. Thank you for making 2009 a banner year.

These precious babies always make me think of a verse from my testimony song, "Because He Lives."

How sweet to hold

a newborn baby,

And feel the pride

and joy (s)he gives;

But greater still

the calm assurance,

This child can face

uncertain days because He lives.

No comments: