Friday, November 23, 2012

The Aftermath: a normal Friday!

Well, while many people were enduring/
subjecting themselves to Black Friday today,
Judy and I had a pretty normal Friday.
And that means quality time with Claire
and Evan.  Can't beat that!

You may recall that Evan was a pirate for Halloween.
I thought he'd get a kick out of seeing my pal Chipper
dressed up as a pirate, and he did.

They actually got pretty close.

But it was too pretty to stay inside all morning.
It's off to the leaf piles, where raking and unraking
are often in competition.

Unraking wins.
But who cares?

Dry leaves are much easier to rake than wet ones.

And when you're a leaf-diver, these things matter.

And when you tackle Grandpa, he prefers the dry leaves, too.

We discovered an interesting phenomenon with this
shiny coffee cup in the sand.  Can you see the small
green reflection just to the right of the cup?  We also
found it could turn a finger green.  What could be
cooler than that? 

Claire's glad to get back in the sandpile for some
cooking.  With my trips to Atlanta and some of our
babysitting at her house in recent weeks, we've been
missing this.  We're hoping for many mild winter days.

Evan has made many a trip to the beach in this Flintstone
car passed on from Emma and Jessie. Thanks again, girls!

It's pick-up time.  Mama and Daddy have selected
the perfect Christmas tree, which is waiting at home.
But even so, the kids would like to stay a little while.
Claire buys a little time by filling up her gas tank
one more time.  These kids burned a lot of gas today,
believe me.  And well worth it, no matter what the price!

And now friends, if you've perused my six blog posts in
the last three days, I think you're entitled to a little break.
And if  you ventured out for Black Friday, I'll give you
a bye.  Wait at least a day before catching up on my
blog.  I wouldn't want to be responsible for any
brain freezes, meltdowns, or implosions.

But I'll be back!  And I hope you will, too!

No comments: