Thursday, November 15, 2012

Time Marches On: Part Two

This blog continues with my catch-up
of fall pictures.

Judy and Bri venture to our little "island in the stream"
to float a few leaves over the waterfall.

Bri likes to help the little leaves along
when they get stuck.

Hunter doesn't mind taking the long trek to the
stream-- as long as he can ride like royalty.

Hunter investigates the treasures of Judy's
compost pile.

How dare you invade my kitchen?! But if
you must know, I'm making cornbread.

Fact: A larger ball on the T-ball tee increases the
probability of making contact.

An increasingly inquisitive Hunter investigates how
the swinging door of the chiminea operates and latches.

Now for a real challenge.  Hunter decides to
see if he draw a glance from Bri.

"Made you look!"

"With this funny face I bet I can make her look again!"

"Oh, Bri -- surely what's on TV isn't cuter than this !"

Claire dons her Batman mask.  He's her new superhero idol,
 though the Spiderman shirt shows she still adores him, too.

"Hey, I'm not just Batman, I'm Bad-guy Batman!"

Evan says, "Hey, Grandpa, I think I found my favorite
instrument (in other words, the noisiest).

"Kitty Cat, would you like a little help eating your food?"

"Grandma, I have a boo-boo.  And even Batman
couldn't make it better.  Can you try?"

Evan: "Are my eyes playing tricks on me?  I could
have sworn that was the Bat-Mobile!"

"Are you sure this is a remote-control car, Grandpa?
I can't seem to get it started."

"Pay attention-- this car's going to break the sound barrier."

Time to get in some good swing-time before
the weather gets too chilly to enjoy it.

Today's a good day to ride the horse with no grown-up
holding onto me.  FIRST TIME!  WHEEE!

Claire gives Grandma a reading lesson.
We're Hooked On Phonics around here.

And Evan's paying close attention.  It's a family tradition
around here that younger siblings learn to read from
older siblings.  Why wait for school?

Hot on the heels of this blog will be another one,
featuring a visit from Sally Taylor Radney and
her children Evelyn and Calvin.  More great fun!

No comments: