Saturday, July 17, 2010

VBS at Beulah Hill, Part II

This post was a week in production, so it ought to be really superior, right? Nah. Because of a glitch Blogger has been having "with a small subset of subscribers," I have been trying since LAST Saturday to load the 13 VBS pictures that comprise this blog. Oops. Did I say thirteen?

Uh, anyway, I got the last 3 downloaded last night and I'm about to fill you in on some more fun at the Circle J ranch two weeks ago.

Here's me, Cowboy Ken. Not my saddle-- I don't have a horse. It is my hat, but I only wore it in the air conditioning-- too hot outside. Some cowboy, huh?


Here are my good friends Hannah and Steve. If Steve's name was Steves, both of these names would be palindromes, which I love. There is no more faithful worker or trueblue friend than Steve. Like me, he's a big Carolina fan. He takes good pictures, too.


As my recreation activities continued outside the church, I detected a spy. But a really nice spy. It was Lauren, taking some photo (maybe videos, too) for the church blog. To see her pictures of VBS and a lot of interesting info about our church go here: Beulah Hill.

Dalton (right) teaches his new friend how to make the zip slide really zoom. This is a way to build up your arm muscles while having a good time. No pain, no gain.

It was a hot day, and sometimes the best activity is just hanging out with a friend in the shade. That's something Jessie and Ashley would agree with.

Three of our fearless adult leaders. Greg and Tim taught the 10-12 year-olds and Renee was co-director along with Karen. Karen, how did you elude my camera. Just like the Lone Ranger.

Linda and Pat assisted creative children in the craft area. There were some yummy snacks across the hall. Uh, that's what somebody told me. : )

Hannah was the only person I saw who could keep her balance on this bouncer. Way to go, Hannah! (Maybe only people whose names are palindromes [reversible] can do it.)

Kelly and Hannah's class takes a breather from some active play. Do we all look like we're draggin' a little bit?

When a jump rope turns into a DEADLY SNAKE it suddenly becomes more fun for Ashlyn.

When it becomes a POISON RIVER, filled with poison, crocodiles, and piranha, it attracts jungle adventurer Nicholas, too.

These guys are all experienced with inventing great parachute games, like running under when your color is called, or bouncing objects high into the sky.
Occasionally some kid who's too tall gets stuck under the parachute.
But it wasn't ME. Maybe you can guess the Mystery Person.
Well, I have one final blog post planned for VBS (before it becomes ancient history). It will only have TWELVE pictures, so maybe it will come off as planned. I've already decided that if I have trouble posting pictures, I'm going to proceed with some strictly TEXT posts until the problem is corrected. And there goes my readership!

No comments: