Monday, November 8, 2010

Catching Up on All the Babies-- (while waiting for EVAN!)



Brianna says, "Hey Grandpa, don't look now, but I think this blog post got 'BUMPED' by EVAN."

How true!  Most of you have already seen the blog before this one, pronouncing the arrival of Evan Bryce Kirby.  Joy, Joy, Joy!  This  is the blog I had begun to catch up on pictures of the other little ones up to Halloween.  You'll be seeing a lot of ALL these lovable characters from now on (did you expect me to say something like Be the first on your blog -- I mean block -- to collect the whole set)?

By now, you'd think Brianna had had a little brother forever.  She's very patient with Hunter, and with grandparents that need to hold him.  She seems to think he should be reading by now, though.


Don't worry, Hunter, you'll be reading some day.  After we read TO you for a couple of thousand hours.  Which also requires getting our fingerprints all over you while gently squeezing you.  : )

Kitty Cat says, "You kids can run, climb, and play wherever you like.  But I ask that you respect my personal space.  Which is wherever I like.  But I'm very tolerant."
One of Kitty Cat's favorite perches is this rock dish made by my father.  Daddy made many of these when he was a young man, then began creating and selling more of them as a senior citizen.  Atlanta has more rocks than this part of Moore County.


Now for Halloween.  First, we were visited by a Ladybug named Claire.  Not knowing much about candy, she led Grandma to our compost pile to see if there were any butterflies.  Up until the recent cold snap, we saw some every day.


Claire says to bugs one and all, "You have nothing to fear from me.  I come in peace.  Now take me to your leader."

Brianna soon arrived as a little pumpkin.  She was never quite comfortable with Claire's headgear.  I think she thought her little cousin had permanently metamorphosed.



Well, enough of that.  Daddy told me Halloween isn't really about costumes.  It's about filling up this little bucket.  He even told me what to ask for.

Granny and Grandaddy arranged their schedule to drop in while the whole crew of trick-or-treaters were at our house.  By virtue of his orange and green pumpkin footies, Hunter was declared the winner of the costume contest.  At least, in his age bracket.

Since these young 'uns hardly know the meaning of "chocolate," it wasn't long before they were after Grandma to read a good book.  Even as a Ladybug, Claire clutches her handful of plastic forks and spoons.


Claire says, "How's a ladybug supposed to eat your garden pests when you did away with your garden?"
Kitty Cat, in the background, thinks, "You have much to learn, my child.  Field mouse season is just beginning."

All four grandbabies are now on board.  Let the good times roll!

No comments: