Monday, November 29, 2010

One Fine Fall Day

Although we see Claire and Brianna every week, it's not as often that we keep them at the same time.  The Tuesday before Thanksgiving was one such day, and it was pure joy to play with them or just watch them explore things, both indoors and out.

We've always thought there was no better toy than a large box.  Claire is searching for the secret door while Brianna waits for Claire to find her.  To be continued . . . .



"Thanks for the lift, Claire.  I think I'll walk the rest of the way."

"Have Graham cracker, will travel.  Yee-haa!"


"So that's where those mysterious noises were coming from!"

"No, I don't have a license, but I've had my shots.  Why?"



For Claire, music and sports go together.  You won't often see her with nothing in her hands.

This was the first day we tried out our new double stroller (yard sale, of course).  The girls loved it.
Here, Brianna is trying to disable the restraint system.


"Hmm.  I think I can pick this lock.  Just a simple mechanism, but oh, so devious."


Here's an unplanned four generation picture: Claire (in the swing), Judy, Jennifer, and Great Grandma Thelma.  Brianna says, "Hey, don't forget me!" (No, we won't)


Claire says, "Hey, these Graham crackers go great with swinging, too."


Three real swingers.  And the boys will be swinging, too, before you know it.


"Would you like these eggs sunny-side up?  Or just hard-boiled?"


Claire and Brianna try out a Sit-and-Spin, which was probably their mothers's favorite toy 25+ years ago.  Jennifer and Amanda could really fly, either together or solo.  These girls will, too, in a few more months.


New feature: Pick Your Own Caption
Option 1: "So maybe I do drink and drive.  But I'm not texting, am I?
Option 2: "One thing I can't stand is a tail-gater-- gimme a break!"
Option 3: "No wonder I'm not getting anywhere-- this contraption only has one wheel!"


Next blog:  Thanksgiving Day, 2010

No comments: