Friday, March 30, 2012

Whirlwind Week

Before I begin, I will say that I know I'll leave some things out.  Going back to last Friday, Judy and I have had a very eventful seven days. Here are some highlights:

  • Friday  ~  picnicked and hiked at Raven Rock State Park, dined at the Pik 'n' Pig, and watched Carolina win in the Sweet Sixteen
  • Saturday  ~ nothing unusual, just a great day, lots of time outside
  • Sunday  ~ church, family dinner, afternoon service at Pinehurst Nursing and Rehab, watched Carolina's season come to an end in an exciting game
  • Monday ~ all day in Chapel Hill, great medical reports for Judy, hit a few stores, home in time to do some yardwork and so forth
  • Tuesday ~ special breakfast at Cracker Barrel with Gail and her sister Pam, played piano at First Health, lunch with Amanda's crew and a fun afternoon of babysitting
  • Wednesday ~ much progress on next year's woodpile, afternoon singalong at Manor Care (one of my friends there is a former Rockette-- I love playing her requests, like "Pretty Baby")
  • Thursday ~ out to Farm Life School for a rock and mineral show with fourth graders-- what a blast!  Checked out the nature trail and found it in great shape for hiking, Home for lunch with Judy and Thelma, evening babysitting with Brianna and Hunter-- what a bunch of precious moments!
Back to the first item on the list:  our day at Raven Rock was filled with excitement and is deserving of its own post.  If it rains tomorrow as expected I'll have time to compose that post-- or posts.  In the meantime, I'll leave you with a couple of teaser photos from this glorious whirlwind week.

The longest snake I've ever seen in the wild,
a seven foot black rat snake at Raven Rock!

The beautiful Cape Fear River

L to R: Jack, Thelma, Gail, Judy, Ken, Pam
at Cracker Barrel

Hunter: "What do I do when my Easter egg hatches?"

The Farm Life Nature Trail keeps calling me back!

The wisteria reigns at Judy's Grandma McKenzie's
house, one of the oldest in Moore County.

More about Raven Rock's wonders very soon.


No comments: