Monday, January 19, 2009

LOAD DUMPER RULES!


I expect this to be my last blog post BEFORE IT SNOWS BIGTIME! We'll see.

Judy and I have burned wood to heat our home for 30 years. There are lots of stories connected with that. It involves moving many tons of wood every year. What a great workout!

Enter LOAD DUMPER! (The company spells it Loadumper, but I didn't want to confuse anyone) This is absolutely the best heavy duty, all-purpose hauler I've ever seen. A few years ago, Stephen, Amanda, Matt, and Jennifer went together and presented this to me.
Load Dumper is the "gift that keeps on giving." It gets an incredible workout throughout the year, but especially during the winter. This year we had acres of timber cut, and lots of hardwood was left for firewood.


Look at the capacity of this thing!

Load Dumper is so well-designed and versatile it is an engineer's dream (right, Stephen and Matt?)



It can be tipped in multiple positions for ease of unloading.

By putting the pneumatic tires in the position below, I lowered the center of gravity so I could haul a makeshift sheet metal bridge to the wetland several hundred feet from the house.

Load Dumper made this trip a breeze.

Now, I've hauled countless loads across that bridge. I never could have gotten a vehicle through there.

Load Dumper is perfectly balanced to minimize effort.


Don't get me wrong; it's still work! But Load Dumper is like my partner!






Our dear friend Marlene shared some beautiful white oak from her yard. It was a nice welcome home surprise when we got back from Atlanta. That'll be next year's heat.



When the work's all done, Load Dumper becomes a rousing roller coaster for nieces Emma and Jessie. As long as Uncle Ken can hold out, that is. I've gotta stay in shape so those grandbabies will enjoy this treat one day! (By the way, the second picture below isn't Load Dumper, but Emma and Jessie have ridden in ALL our carts).
Let's GO, JuJu!
Tomorrow, Load Dumper gets the day off. Somehow, I think our sleds will be much more appropriate! Which reminds me. . . I'd better doublecheck that number for 9-1-1.

Think SNOW and HAPPY SLEDDING!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Who knew there was so much to be said about a wheelbarrow? I love it though!

Ken Loyd said...

You're right. I'm gonna use this as part of my resume when I apply for a sales job with the manufacturer.