Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mama Reaches Out From the Hospital Bed

As I shared with my blog buddies and e-mail buddies about Mama's faith amid her dire circumstances, I was gratified by the encouragement, words of comfort, and prayer support so many of our friends responded with. And many mentioned that Mama's faith was an inspiration to them as well. That was so gratifying to me that I thought it would not be inappropriate to share some of the kind words that were shared with me.

Your mom should be an inspiration to all of us! We'll keep her in our prayers.

I know that you treasure every day that you have her here on this earth with you. Don’t we learn so very much from these wise folks! I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

It has been said that the Good Lord wants the good ones too, but even though your mother is one of the dearest, he does have other plans for her here on this earth.

What a powerful word of a living epistle being written in these last days. My/our prayers are with you, but if you could place me on HER prayer list I will humbly be obliged. God bless you all for your perseverance and holding fast in so many issues of life. We really are praying on this end.

What a testimony. May God bless you all with many more years. I am sure God is not through with your mama here on earth yet or he would have let her slip away quietly with all of you by her side.

The Lord is leaving your mama here because He knows she has lessons still to teach all of us. What a faith story! She is such an example of how to live a Christian life. She still has messages and lessons to teach (and good food to eat!

We were blessed reading about your amazing mother and awesome testimony she reveals reaching others, like us, who don't know her, nevertheless, touched by her spirit and love for the Lord and others through a wonderful description of your love for her. You have truly been blessed to have a mother like her and we will keep you and your family in our prayers even though she is in His perfect hands already.

Wonderful news...I love it when elderly people beat the doctor's odds!!



That's enough for me to share today. To paraphrase the song, "I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I know Who holds tomorrow." Thank you all for your prayers and kind words of encouragement. God bless you!

No comments: