Friday, January 15, 2010

Baby Love, Part I

All This And More
God made the sunlight, but it cannot laugh,
God made the moonbeams, but they cannot smile;
God made the stars, but they cannot play;
God made the birds, but they cannot hold the heart;
God made music, but it cannot love.
So, God made YOU, my child.
by Dorcas S. Miller
This poem is from a gem of a book I got at an Atlanta thrift store during our Christmas visit. It's called "Little Ones to Him Belong." As I continue to share photos and anecdotes of our darling grandbabies, Brianna and Claire, I plan to also share some beautiful thoughts from this book. I dedicate them not just to my own grandbabies, but to all those babies out there (and older children, as well), tiny packages of happiness and hope. And definitely gifts from God.
Just because this post began seriously is no reason I can't close with some of the funny captions my faithful readers demand. So here goes-- I hope they make you smile.

Claire: "But Officer, I was only doing 25!"
Claire: "Watch that driver in front of me jump when I lean on this horn!"

Claire: "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. . . ."


Claire: "Listen, I'm paying for call-waiting. So, they can just WAIT! Mmm. . . this is tasty."

Brianna: "Okay, I'm ready. Now just where is this drive-in you were telling me about? And what IS a drive-in?"

Brianna: "Live long and prosper!"

Brianna: "Uh, no, the keys are fine, but I can't seem to find the gas pedal."


Brianna: "Fasten your seatbelts-- I'm gonna play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. . . rockabilly style!"
Coming soon: Baby Love, Part II, (Brianna plus Claire)

No comments: