Saturday, January 16, 2010

Baby Love, Part II

A Childlike Heart
Children really are good at open-hearted, spontaneous joy. They know it intuitively. That's why they use it lavishly in the present moment. They don't put it in a savings account for a rainy day. They don't put it on hold or put a lid on it. They spend it with abandon. They practice it at every small occasion. That's why they are such pros at getting it right.
Claire Cloninger


Double your pleasure, double your fun,
Two babies is twice as much fun as one!

That certainly was the case at our house on Wednesday, as Brianna and Claire (both able to sit up nicely, as you see) entertained us and themselves.

Brianna: "I'll play in a minute Cousin Claire-- there's a camera!"

"Hold still and I'll count your eyes. . . one, two. There, I'm done."


Brianna: "There's something really special about this yellow block. I'll take it, and you can have all the others."
Claire: "No, I think I'll take it, and YOU can take all the others."
(No, Brianna's not winding up for a punch. At least, I don't think so.)


Brianna: "Look into my eyes. . . . You are getting sle-e-e-py. Or is it just me?"

Brianna: "Have you heard this expression: 'One baby's freedom stops at the other baby's nose?' I have no idea what it means."

Claire: "It's not that I don't appreciate my little measuring cup, but just what am I supposed to be measuring?"

Claire: " And this is what we call 'the laying on of hands.'"

Claire: "I told her to close her eyes and count to 10. This ought to be interesting."
"Two heads are definitely better than one. And so are two babies."

WE LOVE YOU, BRIANNA AND CLAIRE!

1 comment:

Jennifer Kirby said...

Awesome pictures! It's so fun to see them playing together -- kind of, anyway. Thanks for posting these!