Saturday, March 13, 2010

A New Take on those Classic Movie Quotes

In honor of the recent Academy Awards, our AARP magazine had a feature of 50 Movie Zingers, famous quotes from the history of film. It gave me the idea of matching some of these quotes with baby pictures.

Above each picture will be the quote. Below that picture will be the name of the film star, the movie, and the year. (And, No, I haven't run out of captions, as you'll see in my next post!)

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a ****."

Clark Gable, Gone With the Wind, 1939
(this is a FAMILY website!)

"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse."

Marlon Brando, The Godfather, 1972
"You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender"

Marlon Brando, On the Waterfront, 1954

"I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

Judy Garland, The Wizard of Oz, 1939
"Here's looking at you, kid."

Humphrey Bogart, Casablanca, 1942



"Go ahead. Make my day."
Clint Eastwood, Sudden Impact, 1983


"May the Force be with you."

Alex McCrindle, Star Wars, 1977


"What we've got here is failure to communicate."
Strother Martin, Cool Hand Luke, 1967

"Love means never having to say you're sorry."

Ali McGraw, Love Story, 1970


"The stuff that dreams are made of."
Humphrey Bogart, The Maltese Falcon, 1941


"I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
Humphrey Bogart, Casablanca, 1942


"There's no place like home."
Judy Garland, The Wizard of Oz, 1939


"I want to be alone."
Greta Garbo, Grand Hotel, 1932


"After all, tomorrow is another day!"
Vivien Leigh, Gone With the Wind, 1939


"I'll be back." (Yeah, you can count on that!)
Arnold Schwarzenegger, The Terminator, 1984
Hope you had fun. If you haven't seen some of these classic films, they are highly recommended.















No comments: