Monday, February 7, 2011

Breaking in Some New Stuff

Before I get into today's pictures of the grandchildren, I'd like to put in a plug for my new Facebook page, Friends of the Sandhills Farm Life Nature Trail.  This week I completed a photo album of about 75 pictures that feature most of the significant plants-- and one very special snake-- so that you can take a "Virtual Nature Walk."  Here's the link Sandhills Farm Life Nature Trail.  You may have to have a Facebook account to access this-- I'm not absolutely certain.  But it was the most reasonable way to load such a high volume of photos, and there will be more N.T. albums to come.

Now, to the latest activities of Brianna, Claire, Hunter, and Evan.

Brianna: "Claire, I can't remember: do we wipe our feet when we come in or when we go out?"


Grandpa:  "And girls, if you keep eating Goldfish at this pace, you'll have a great big lap for your grandchildren one day, too."


While Brianna dumps her teddy bears out so she can hug them, Claire's legs are trotting off in the background, seeking a new adventure.


This is one of those "Precious Moments" moments.  Heartfelt affection shown by a pat on the shoulder and a pair of priceless smiles.
Brianna:  "I love you the MOSTEST, Claire.  Now, when can I have the car?"



Brianna:  "Hey, Claire-- whatcha got?  If you're not interested in the car any more, neither am I."


Hunter: "Evan, do you always wear mittens when you go barefoot?"
Evan:  "Yeah, I go crazy if I can't wiggle my toes."

Hunter: "Me, I gotta talk with my hands.  At least at this point in my life."
Evan:  "Well, that kid on the e-trade ads is rolling in money, and he doesn't even say his own lines."


Claire:  "Quick, Bri, slide headfirst before Grandma turns around."


Thanks to yard sales, we now have a double stroller, which Claire and Brianna loved.  With their matching hats (made by Amanda) most passersby would think they were sisters.  And that's how close they are.
If we ever have a chance to take all four children on a stroll at the same time, we'll have to be creative.  I'm thinking one in the single stroller, two in the double, and one in the backpack.


Claire: "Bri, how long do you think it will take us to move Grandpa's 600 pounds of sand into the playhouse?"
Brianna:  "I don't know, Claire.  But it sure keeps us busy thinking of enough for him to do in his retirement."


Ain't it the truth.  And a happier Grandpa you won't find.
More pictures coming up right away. 

1 comment:

Kylie said...

these pictures and your family are just precious! I love the perfectly matched foursome... :)