Saturday, February 26, 2011

(Equally) Good Times with Evan and Claire

I've got so many overdue pictures of Claire and Evan, I had to make a trip to the "Funny Caption Bank" and make a major withdrawal.  Please feel free to smile or chuckle (if appropriate).

Kitty Cat's new game.  If Claire is IN, Kitty stays OUT.  And vice versa.

Claire:  "Kitty Cat, can you help me with my lawn mower?  There seems to be a malfunction."


Claire: "Oh, wait.  I've got to watch that airplane first."


Kitty Cat:  "I've found the problem.  You just need more soap bubbles."

Claire:  "Goodness gracious, that Kitty Cat is smart."


"So smart, I just flipped my lid!"


Claire: "I know this looks like the slide that was indoors last week.  But how could it be?"


"I think I'll take a short hike with my little wagon.  Call me when Grandma gets out the Goldfish, or in five minutes, whichever comes first."


"Uh, Grandma. . . I don't mean anything by this, but have you seen the size of your shadow lately?"


Evan says, "I want a big shadow like Grandma and Grandpa's."


Grandma says, "Evan, let me assure you, your shadow and everything else about you is just right."


"Whoosh!  I think Grandpa must've rubbed this baby down with wax paper!"


Evan is famous for smiling just before and just after a camera appears.  But I got him this time.  And you can guess why he's so happy I bet.


"I dunno, Grandpa.  I think when the three little kittens found their mittens they shouldn't have worn them to eat pie."

"Ahem.  Grandma, when he says 'cheese' you're supposed to look at the camera."


Guess who celebrated "Clifford, the Big Red Dog" at Mom's Morning Out today?


Give up?  OK.  It was CLAIRE KIRBY!


"Woohoo.  I want big red ears and a black nose like big sis."


"I thought if I smiled you'd do whatever I asked.  Isn't that a rule?"


"Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I heard somewhere that you guys were extinct."
(This was Evan's first time ever in the Johnny-Jumpup, and he liked it.)


Like the title says, "Good Times."  This picture speaks for itself. 


This giant oak tree is about three times the size of when Jennifer and Amanda used to play around it and its neighboring Magnolia tree more than two decades ago.  Now, a root makes an ample seat for Claire.


Claire:  "Will somebody let me know when the next party is?  I've just gotten some new bracelets."


Believe me, the next party could start any time!

1 comment:

Jennifer Kirby said...

These are great! Thank you! Evan got another round of Johnny Jump-Up today and he loved it -- I even got some good pictures. When I'll get them off of my camera remains to be seen ...