Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Four on the Floor"

When you have four grandchildren under the age of two, you just might have four on the floor.  Or in the yard.  Or in high chairs. Or in the stroller.  In fact, who knows where you'll find them?

Grandma Judy: "Hunter, now that you're 4 months old, you'll have more responsibilities around here."


Hide-and-Seek with Brianna.  Her philosophy is, if she can't see us, we can't see her.


Brianna:  "You kitty cats will have to find your own hiding places."


It all started out as a typical workout for Hunter.
"Hmm.  I wonder if I can reach that blue moon thingy."

Next thing you know. . . over you go!
Hunter: "HEY, where'd the blue moon go?  Uh oh-- is my best side showing?"



Hunter: "TA DA!  There, everything's back to normal."


Hunter:  " Yeah, Grandma, that was quite a workout.  Hey, where are you taking me?"


"Yeah, it was. . . some. . . workout. . . zzzzzzzzzzzzz."


Oblivious to Hunter's exertions, Brianna concentrates on one of her 101 goals (like Mommy), memorizing the words to her 100 Songs for Kids video.


"Don't make fun of me, Grandpa.  I need to learn them so I can be on American Idol when I'm 16. And maybe I'll grow into these sunglasses by then, too."


Claire's filling up her grocery cart (kindly passed on from Emma and Jessie).
First, she's gathered all the Veggie Tale characters in the house (also from Emma and Jessie).
Now, she's collected all the "hearts" she can find, in honor of Valentine's Day.  Where'd we ever get all those heart magnets?


Claire: "Enough with the shopping.  Now I'll play Pony Express and deliver all those Valentines."


Evan: "Right on, Big Sis.  And just as soon as I can do some exciting stuff like that, I want Grandpa to do a blog just about me!"  (Don't worry, Evan, you won't have to wait that long.)


When Claire checks out the sliding board, she discovers she has a new downstairs neighbor: it's KITTY CAT!


Kitty Cat says: "I just love these kids.  They simply adore me.  They share their toys.  They pet me gently-- most of the time. They put this nice quilt in here just for me.  Let me know when they've gone home, okay?"


Okay, they've gone home.  But they'll be back.  And the sooner the better!

No comments: