Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hunter and the Tractors

Note: If you haven't viewed the previous post,
don't miss it-- four videos of Hunter in action.

"I wonder what fun stuff I'm gonna do with
 Grandpa tonight. Or will it be same old, same old."

"Hey, Hunter, do you want to put down your
angel and go see some big tractors?"

And that's what me and Hunter did Thursday
evening.  Our church parking lot is being paved
and all kinds of heavy equipment was parked
up there.  There were a road scraper, two steam
rollers, a bulldozer, and a brusher.  We tried 'em all.
And to keep it simple, I called 'em all 'tractors.'

Hmm.  How does this thing work?

I love this one.  It's got the bouncy seat.

Grandpa, I'll drive.  If we get pulled over, 
you take over.

What do you mean 'Sit still.' Do I have a choice?

Hint: Look in the rear view mirror to see
who's navigating this dozer.

Even a big machine lover like Hunter couldn't
resist the lure of the church playground.

It's a long way down.  Well, it was a long
way up, too.  (I spent some time clearing
the offending pine straw from his path.)

Hunter does fine on the 'big boy swing' now.

We made our own fun dumping the rain
water out of magnolia leaves (see the video
on previous blog post.)

Not surprisingly, after a few minutes on the
playground, Hunter was eager to get back
to the 'tractors.' He was a little bolder now.

Why is this wheel up in the air?

Are you sure this is an elevator, Grandpa?

In our little made-up game we like to shout
"Ouch" every time we touched these stiff bristles.

Hunter was curious to see what was in the
scoop of this "tractor." Several times.

Dirt.  Dirt.
Well, yeah.

Okay, you guys.  This way.  Follow me.
Another day in the life of Hunter,
construction foreman.

OH, NO!  I've been busted!!
Hope you enjoyed getting to know a little
more about Hunter.  He's quite a guy.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love these pictures! I know he had such a great time with you and those machines! Thank you for documenting!