Friday, July 27, 2012

A Baker's Dozen from the First 500






Four summers ago I retired.  With the encouragement of daughters Jennifer and Amanda I began blogging less than a month later.  Amazingly, I find I've posted over 530 blog posts.  And I'm not even tired! Some of you have been readers of my thoughts and escapades for four years, others have joined me more recently.


I thought this was a good time to offer a retrospective with a sampling of my favorite blogs.  A disclaimer: I didn't include the blogs about the births of the four grandchildren, though those were momentous occasions.  These are not ranked, but are representative of the ECLECTIC nature of my blog.  And because it's hard to choose, I didn't do a "Top Ten" or even "Top Dozen."  Please peruse the list and click a link for a taste (first or second) of my "Baker's Dozen."

This was my first post and explains why I call it my Eclectic Blog.
http://mrloyd.blogspot.com/2008/07/

This is one of several about Camp Cherokee, which has been foundational in
my life and career.
This one shows my interest in all things historical, especially if hiking is involved.
Hanging Rock is a sample of our road trips in North Carolina.
This brief essay speaks of the importance of music in my life.
This post is about recent upgrades to the Sandhills Farm Life Nature Trail, which students helped me create back in the 1980's.
Here's a typical post from our out-of-state travels: destination Chattanooga.
A tribute to the teachers that influenced me and others.
About Kitty Cat entering our lives.
Amazing scenes of nature en route to Louisville.
A little background for the single book I've written, "Mystery at the Loyd Homeplace."  The second edition is in the works even now!

We love the mountains, hiking, and waterfalls.  This includes all three.
A little piece about how I utilized "The Hobbit" in my classroom.  I can't wait for the new screen version.
hobbit-timeless-tale-of-adventure.html

I may fizzle out on blogging, but it won't be from a lack of ideas.  Hope I'll continue to see you around!


No comments: