Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Bouncing Bulldogs

I've been contemplating various blog topics all day, and some of my ideas are still in seed form. But for this one I'm reaching back into June, when Judy had her one-year anniversary of her successful liver transplant with dozens of other transplant recipients and their families. It was in Chapel Hill and part of the celebration was a special performance of the Bouncing Bulldog Jump Rope Team. Their apparent ages were from pre-teen to late teens and their expertise, athleticism, and teamwork were sensational. Since I haven't posted any videos, this is my first attempt. I hope you enjoy these young folks. I've seen some good jump rope teams, but never anything like this. They just won their fifth national team championship, with several individual winners. They're on their way to Beijing, China, where they will demonstrate their skills to the multitudes. Jump rope could become a future Olympic event. They will win your heart!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I can't wait to show it to Emma and Jessie when they get back in town. And I really want Stephen to see those videos - let's watch them Friday night!

Cindy said...

WOW--Very cool video...awesome rope jumping.